- Blacklick Valley School District
Return to Headlines
PA School Performance Profile
The Pennsylvania Department of Education launched the School Performance Profile (SPP) in October 2013 as a new standard for academic performance throughout the state. SPP provides the public with a comprehensive student academic performance overview of every Pennsylvania public school, including traditional public schools, charter schools, cyber charter schools and career and technology centers. SPP serves the following purposes:
- provide parents/guardians with performance measures for their child's school;
- inform the public of academic performance of all Pennsylvania public schools;
- provide a tool to inform goal setting, planning and resource allocations to improve student achievement; and
- provide a building level score for educators as part of the educator effectiveness evaluation system.
In addition to SPP, Title I Schools (schools denoted with a high percentage of low - income students) receive a federal designation of 'Priority', 'Focus' or 'Reward' based on four annual measurable objectives:
- student participation on the Mathematics and Reading Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) exams and the Algebra I, Biology and Literature Keystone exams;
- student graduation and attendance rate;
- closing the achievement gap of all students - reducing the number of students who score below 'Proficient' on the PSSA, Keystone exams and the Pennsylvania Alternate System of Assessment (PASA) by 50% over a six year period; and
- closing the achievement gap of historically under-performing students - reducing the number of students with disabilities, economically disadvantaged and English Language Learners (ELL) who score 'Below Proficient' on the PSSA, Keystone and the PASA by 50% over a six year period.
Helpful Information About the PA School Performance Profile
To see each individual school's SPP, go to: www.paschoolperformance.org
- click on 'Select Your Role';
- select 'Cambria County' on the map;
- type in 'Blacklick Valley School District' or move your cursor over the map to identify the district.