Educational Family Trips
According to Section 11.26 of Chapter 22 of the PA School Code, the only time a student may be excused for a trip is if it is deemed educational by the superintendent. To have a trip evaluated and a student excused, the following procedure must be followed:
- Download and print the corresponding form from link below and returned to the principal's office. This form states guidelines needed to be followed for approval.
- Forms must be submitted to the principal's office at least ten days prior to the scheduled trip. You will receive a written response from the principal within five school days after receiving the request.
- Students will be excused for a maximum of five school days per academic year.
- It will be the student's responsibility to contact teachers and make up assignments missed.
- Assignments will be given to the student immediately prior to the absence.
- Trips will not be approved during standardized testing dates; the first ten days of school or the last ten days of school. Days count towards cumulative absences and consequences. (Please refer to Attendance Policy).